Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spring is in the air!


This cheery mug reminds me of spring, and yes it is in the air!  That's what I love about S. Carolina, the winters are very short here.  I actually saw buds on the trees yesterday, and Monday it was 78 degrees, so I quickly donned capris and flip-flops for the day!  I contradict myself with the love of skiing and the love of warm weather, but it's true, so what am I to do.

Here's a great breakfast recipe to start your day- it's a slightly healthier version of the McDonald's egg Mcmuffin.

1/2 Eng. muffin (100% whole wheat)
1 egg
Canadian bacon
1 slice American cheese

Using non-stick pan sprayed with oil, cook egg to preference.  I do mine sunnyside down, leaving yolk runny.  Toast the muffin, then add bacon and cheese and microwave for 20 seconds to melt cheese and warm bacon.  Add egg and sprinkle with pepper (optional), no salt needed as the bacon and cheese have enough already.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment